In this episode Patrick Killelea joins us to do some crystal ball gazing for 2011. Tune in to hear predictions for rising interest rates, a declining Euro, and crashing stock prices in Asia and America. Patrick predicts that affluent areas will see significant price erosion for 2011 and that the National Association of Realtors will declare that it is a great time to buy. The Optimistic Bear posits that America is embarking on a lengthy odyssey with deflation, much the same as Japan has experienced, and that 2011 will be one of the down years taking asset prices to new lows. Europe will experience a bail-out too far, where the political will to arrange yet a bail-out for another distressed state falters.
You can check out Patrick’s economic news site here (as well as his great forums for discussing real-estate and the economy):
If you are interested in deflation, check out the Deflation Study Group on LinkedIn (open to all LinkedIn members):
You can also listen to my in-depth Deflation 101 podcast.
This show is sponsored by:
NOTE: Remember to tune into the Optimistic Bear weekly financial round-up every Tuesday at 9:00pm, Pacific Time. You can also listen to previous shows.
29 December 2010
Posted by Surkanstance at Wednesday, December 29, 2010
- ► 2011 ( 28 )
- EPNW: Podcasting – The Indispensible Tool for Buil...
- Patrick Killelea guest appearances on Bear Radio
- This Week on Bear radio: Bearish predictions for 2...
- EPNW: Successful sales start with product developm...
- Today on Bear Radio: Bear markets are bad for libe...
- This Week on Bear radio: Posh neighborhoods beware...
- Job Search Tales: Take control of your job search ...
- This Week on Bear radio: Deflation – You aint seen...
- SEP Radio: Don't let your children grow up to be d...
- Introducing the LinkedIn Deflation Study Group
- This Week on Bear radio: The bubble in student loa...
- EPNW: Are your employees living up to their potent...
- Job Search Tales: Know thyself and the job will fo...
- Job Search Tales: A resume is only the beginning
- EPNW: Pressing the flesh in Seattle: There is no s...
- EPNW: Social media - It's Where the Market Is
- This Week on Bear radio: The message from Ireland ...
- ▼ December ( 17 )
- ► 2009 ( 114 )