This is the video of my presentation of what it takes to succeed at being a program manager at Microsoft. This provides an insider's guide to Program Management at Microsoft: the myth and the reality.
I go into more depth than my article on the subject, relating personal experiences from my career at Microsoft, as well as offering tips on how to apply and interview for PM work.
My thanks go to the Puget Sound Chapter of the Association for Women in Computing, which graciously allowed me to record the presentation I made at their October 2009 meeting.
22 October 2009
Posted by Surkanstance at Thursday, October 22, 2009
- ► 2011 ( 28 )
- ► 2010 ( 120 )
- Round table economics discussion - 2009-10-30
- EPNW: marymac outlines a complete web marketing st...
- EPNW: Eric Goldman explains B2B inbound marketing
- EPNW: Rajeev Goel finds finds invention out of nec...
- Job search tales: John Polhill gives an insider's ...
- Job search tales: ponkabonk pays for placement
- EPNW: Tim Ellis has the eyeballs but little revenu...
- EPNW: Pandu & Harish seek success by giving
- EPNW: Denis Altudov goes it alone
- EPNW: Bruce Roberts thinks people trump ideas
- Round table economics discussion - 2009-10-22
- Job search tales: recruiters aren't all bad
- Job search tales: LinkedIn is your friend
- Job search tales: paying it forward
- EPNW: A business thrives in a recession by lowerin...
- Microsoft Program Management for Dummies: the vide...
- Job search tales: it's all about networking
- The world's best financial & economics analyst
- Re-defining terms: forget inflation and deflation
- EPNW: The Startup that helps Startups
- EPNW: Startups on a Shoe-string
- Profiting from the recovery
- Microsoft Program Management for Dummies
- Talking about FinancialArmaggedon
- Marketing through social networking rewards
- The next shoe to drop: reverse mortgages
- Job search tales: building relationships with empl...
- Declining rents: a practical lesson in supply and ...
- Mish is right on deflation, but wrong on the cause...
- Source code recycling
- Optimistic Bear Round table discussion podcast - 2...
- UK banks bail-out Irish subsidiaries
- Refiners struggle as fuel demand slows
- ▼ October ( 33 )