In this episode of "Entrepreneurs Northwest" Rajeev Goel talks about how necessity is the mother of invention. His efforts to build a web site to manage his own daughter's science fair inspired him to create a service that any school could use. For now he is going it alone, creating http://oursciencefair.com/Home.aspx as the one-stop solution for managing and promoting science fairs. The challenge now is getting the word out, and Rajeev has been taking advice from fellow entrepreneurs about getting active in communities and reaching out to bloggers.
NOTE: Check out the complete podcast directory of discussions with entrepreneurs. If you would like to be a guest on Entrepreneurs Northwest, to talk about your business venture, contact Michael Surkan.
29 October 2009
Posted by Surkanstance at Thursday, October 29, 2009
- ► 2011 ( 28 )
- ► 2010 ( 120 )
- Round table economics discussion - 2009-10-30
- EPNW: marymac outlines a complete web marketing st...
- EPNW: Eric Goldman explains B2B inbound marketing
- EPNW: Rajeev Goel finds finds invention out of nec...
- Job search tales: John Polhill gives an insider's ...
- Job search tales: ponkabonk pays for placement
- EPNW: Tim Ellis has the eyeballs but little revenu...
- EPNW: Pandu & Harish seek success by giving
- EPNW: Denis Altudov goes it alone
- EPNW: Bruce Roberts thinks people trump ideas
- Round table economics discussion - 2009-10-22
- Job search tales: recruiters aren't all bad
- Job search tales: LinkedIn is your friend
- Job search tales: paying it forward
- EPNW: A business thrives in a recession by lowerin...
- Microsoft Program Management for Dummies: the vide...
- Job search tales: it's all about networking
- The world's best financial & economics analyst
- Re-defining terms: forget inflation and deflation
- EPNW: The Startup that helps Startups
- EPNW: Startups on a Shoe-string
- Profiting from the recovery
- Microsoft Program Management for Dummies
- Talking about FinancialArmaggedon
- Marketing through social networking rewards
- The next shoe to drop: reverse mortgages
- Job search tales: building relationships with empl...
- Declining rents: a practical lesson in supply and ...
- Mish is right on deflation, but wrong on the cause...
- Source code recycling
- Optimistic Bear Round table discussion podcast - 2...
- UK banks bail-out Irish subsidiaries
- Refiners struggle as fuel demand slows
- ▼ October ( 33 )