05 August 2009

Anatomy of a job search: the meeting

Since I already hang out at the library doing a lot of my job search work I have taken the liberty to book one of the conference rooms at the Bellevue Lakehills library for Monday, August 10th, to talk about job search strategies for anyone who might want to come.

I will go over my job search strategy that I outlined in my recent blog post, and open things up for a discussion on what people think is good and what they feel could be improved. By sharing our thoughts we will all come away with new ideas, and inspiration, for our own efforts.

This meeting is open to anyone in the Seattle area, whether they are looking for a job, or just wanting to keep their options open. Just bring your lunch along and join the discussion.

If you do plan on attending, please e-mail me.

Meeting Details:

Date: Monday, August 10th
Time: 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Location: Lakehills
Library in Bellevue

You can get directions to the library here:
http://www.kcls.org/lakehills/

You can look at my blog post about my job search strategy here:
http://surkanstance.blogspot.com/2009/07/tales-from-job-search-trenches.html